FIP Council several years ago at the FIP Congress in Istanbul, designated September 25 as the World Pharmacists Day.
With the pharmacist day coming up on 25 September, the
Pharmacy Council of India, State Pharmacy Councils, pharmacy
organizations and professionals are gearing up to promote, plan
and implement the programs that advocate the role of the
pharmacist in health care.
What is Pharmacist Day
It’s a day to celebrate the one million registered pharmacists in
India who work hard to keep the society healthy. As most of these
pharmacists work silently behind the scene, there arises a need to
recognize their hard work and contribution to the society.
Most of the people are unaware of the range of services offered by
pharmacists and know them as a person who simply dispenses
medicines. ‘But, that’s not the only work that the Pharmacist
The day is celebrated to advocate and appreciate the role of pharmacists in improving health conditions around the world. In India, there are one million registered pharmacists. The Pharmacy Council of India (PCI) has released a poster to mark the occasion and has asked Pharmacy colleges to celebrate the Pharmacist Day and send a report about the same to PCI.
Top Pharmacy Colleges in India
As per the NIRF Ranking 2017, the top 10 colleges or institutes for Pharmacy in India are:
- Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Mohali
- University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chandigarh
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Hyderabad
- Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani
- Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal
- Poona College of Pharmacy, Erandwane, Pune
- S.R.M Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
- JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore