- In case of In-process during stage of packing weight check is very important, following are the procedure for the same:
- Collect one bottle at half hourly interval.
- Check weight of powder filled in each bottle and record on the BMR.
- Discard the powder used for weight checking.
- No bottle should contain weight less than the label claim and more than the target fill weight + 2%.
- If the weight is found to be outside the limits check weight from further 10 bottles at random from the bottles collected during the preceding half an hour.
- If the weight of the powder is found outside the limit, set aside the bottles filled during the previous ½ hour for recovery.
- Adjust the machine.
- Check weight of 10 bottles and continue filling.
2. Temperature & Relative Humidity (RH) in dry syrup area play, very much important role:
- Check Temperature & RH at least 4 to 6 times a shift and record on the BMR.
- The RH should not be more than 40%.
- In case if it exceeds 40% stop filling operation.
- Check dehumidifier functioning and start filling only after getting the required RH in the area.
3. Random checks:
- Select at least 10% of the total number of shippers packed.
- Open the shippers and draw at least 10% of the total packed bottles from each shipper.
- Examine each outer carton/bottles for general condition, correctness the name of the product, overprinted matter on the label/carton.
- Record the defects found in the shipper and unit pack in the Random Checking
4. Random visual check on filled bottles:
- Collect 50 filled and inspected bottles at random from the quantity filled during preceding 2 hour
- Subject each bottle for visual examination and check for the defects
- Record the sample quantity, quantity good and rejected if any on the BMR
- If any rejects are found re-check the total quantity filled furring the preceding 2 hours.