To define a procedure for Handling of Break Down Maintenance.
This SOP is applicable for break down of any equipment.
- Engineering personnel will attend the break down maintenance.
- Engineering Supervisor/technician will maintained the document
- Concern department personnel will check the machine equipment after completion the breakdown maintenance.
- Any breakdown in the equipment the, concerned department will inform the engineering dept. through as by filing a requisition in which a detail shall be mentioned
- Head engineering shall depute their personnel to that concerned place.
- Engineering staff shall take permission from the concern dept. before starting the maintenance.
- Before starting the work “UNDER MAINTENANCE” tag should be hanged on the m/c when it is in breakdown.
- Engineering staff will rectify the defect and in case if external source is required then the same should be communicated.
- If rectification / servicing is done by an external agency, the concerned engineer of section will check and certify that the job has been done properly.
- If during maintenance any part of the equipment is found damaged/deteriorated the same should be replaced and should be reflected in equipment history card.
- After completion of break down maintenance concern department supervisor will check the Equipment for smooth operation.
- After completion of break down maintenance concern department supervisor will update the equipment history card for concern equipment or machine.
- Satisfaction regarding break down handling shall be given in same requisition by doing signature of related department.