The cleaning procedure for drains present at different areas of the premises shall be done:
- Flush the drains with the water .
- Clean with hard broom and collect any debris if present in to a poly bag and put in to a dustbin and send to scrap yard.
- Sprinkle Bleaching powder and keep for 15 min followed by flushing with water.
- Pour disinfectant solution prepared as per the schedule Concentration and Preparation of Disinfectants
- Clean the Hard broom and brush after drains cleaning.
- Remove the covers from manholes and remove the accumulated debris if any.
- Sprinkle bleaching Powder and keep for 15 minutes.
- Scrub the sides of the drain and drain cover by using a hard brush
- Flush with plenty of water.
- Clean the adjacent walls of the drain by using water.
- Replace the man hole covers and wipe the surroundings to ensure that the area is free from accumulated debris.
- Replace the lids of the drainage in case of damage.
- Clean all the brooms, hard brush, dust pan etc. after cleaning of drains
- Drainage present in the washing room of processing area shall be subjected to bio burden Monitoring every 4 months.
Disinfection For Oral section
- Clean the drain point with purified water and remove the accumulated dust.
- Pour sufficient water in the drain point.
- Prepare the disinfectant solution as per as specified SOP.
- Measure the 500 ml duly prepared disinfectant solution.
- Pour the measure disinfectant solution in each drain point at the end of the shift, this activity shall be record in the log book.
- Disinfectant should be changed weekly as per the specified schedule.
- Drain point to be sanitized with 10% sodium hypo chloride solution once a week.
- Measure 500 ml of prepared solution and pour the solutions in each drain point.
Disinfection In Sterile Section
- The drain covering mesh shall be cleaned by wire brush.
- If water clogging takes place, the mesh shall be opened and the drains are cleaned by wire brush.
- Drain the disinfectant solution daily through each drain point (approximately 1Ltr. / drain).
- Close the drain by the mesh & cover.
- Record the details of cleaning and sanitization of drain.
E.g. for disinfectant schedule(As follows disinfectant schedule can be fixed by following disinfectant validation): General Disinfectants used for the cleaning are:
Disinfectants used are rotated at weekly in order to reduce the chances of developing resistance by the microbial organisms.